To make the research more objective and to take into account nonequivalence of the evaluated parameters in terms of the demand for the particular data or the particular service, Social Significance Coefficient (SSc) is applied. This coefficient should reflect the social significance of the particular data or the particular service and the level of public interest in them. This indicator is necessary because the parameters may differ in terms of their socials significance. For instance, knowing the exact location of a particular administration body is more important than directions on how to get there by public transport.
The social significance coefficient may have one of the three values:
- low social significance – SSc = 1;
- medium social significance – SSc = 2;
- high social significance – SSc = 3.
Another tool for improving the objectiveness of the research is applying the Parameter Relevance Coefficient (PRc) and the Criterion Relevance Coefficient (CRc). They have been introduced in the method for two reasons:
- possible differences in structure and competence of different government bodies whose official websites are to be evaluated within one Monitoring cycle (PRc should be applied for that);
- specific nature of the particular parameter that can be assessed by some of the criteria only (CRc should be applied for that).
The competence of each administrative body is determined by relevant statutory acts. Due to the specific nature of their competence, some agencies have to publish certain categories of data at their official websites, while others do not have to do so.
For instance, performing expertise is a function possessed by a few federal executive bodies only (like the Federal Service of Environmental, Technological and Nuclear Supervision, or the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resource Usage); only a few government bodies can provide licensing and accreditation services (like the Federal Supervision Agency for Information Technologies and Communications, the Federal Tax Service, or the Russian Federation Ministry of Civil Defense and Emergency Response). Differences may occur in the institution structures, too, for instance, not all the agencies have local territorial bodies (for instance, the Federal Tourism Agency, or Federal Youth Policy Agency do not have them) or foreign offices (the Federal Antimonopoly Service or the Federal Treasury have no foreign offices).
To consider these differences, experts of the Group A analyze the valid law provisions which set the powers, functions and tasks of each administrative body. Having completed the analysis, experts of the Group A select the parameters that should not be assessed by all of the criteria. In other words, using this indicator, the experts can say whether the particular parameter is related to the competence of the particular administrative body or not.
In addition, some parameters can be assessed by one or a few criteria only, not by all of them. This may happen due to the nature of information or service set by the parameter.
For instance, for parameters like “Full name of the administrative body head”, “Postal address of the administrative body”, “Link to the official website for disclosing governmental contract information”, the “Comprehensiveness” criterion can not be assessed. “Relevance” criterion can only be evaluated for the information for which the updating rate is stipulated by statutory legal acts (like “reviews of the citizens’ applications, “performance reports of the administrative body”, “official statistics data”, “events outcome” etc.). For other parameters, this criterion cannot be evaluated.
Parameter relevance coefficient may have two values:
- if, while evaluating the official website, for particular administrative body the parameter is not considered, PRc = 0;
- if, while evaluating the official website, for particular administrative body the parameter is considered, PRc = 1.
Criterion relevance coefficient may have two values:
- if, while evaluating the official website, the criterion for the particular parameter is not considered, CRc = 0;
- if, while evaluating the official website, the criterion for the particular parameter is considered, CRc = 1.