Monitoring cycle is a period of time when all the monitoring stages should be performed in regard to the websites of the government bodies selected.
The Monitoring consists of three stages:
- Preparation stage, when the expert background and tools for the upcoming Monitoring cycle are prepared.
- Implementation stage, when the analyzing and evaluation of the official websites takes place.
- Final stage, when the Monitoring results are summed up.
- Forming an expert group (Group A) for developing or updating (basing on the experience of the previous Monitoring cycles) and approving the tools to be used in doing the upcoming Monitoring cycle (list of parameters).
- Developing or updating (basing on the experience of the previous Monitoring cycles) a list of parameters for evaluating the content of government bodies’ official websites.
- Experts of Group A should assign a parameter relevance coefficient to each of the parameters for each governmental body.
- Experts of Group A should assign a Criteria relevance coefficient to each criterion for each parameter.
- Experts of Group A should assign a social significance coefficient to each parameter.
- Forming an expert group (Group B) for assessing the parameters related to content of government bodies’ official websites.
- Preliminary assessment of the official websites content parameters according to the scale and the list of criteria made by experts of Group B.
- Secondary assessment of the official websites content parameters according to the scale and the list of criteria made by experts of Group B.
- Calculating information accessibility coefficients for each parameter and for each official website.
- Calculating final information accessibility coefficients for each official website.
- Calculating average information accessibility coefficient for official websites.
- Forming information accessibility rating of government bodies’ official websites.
- Forming official websites ratings by various parameters and criteria as well as discovering interconnection between different characteristics.
- Making recommendations for the government bodies on developing their websites.
- Making recommendations for conducting the following Monitoring cycle.
 This task can be performed at the application stage of the Monitoring if there is interaction between the expert group members and governmental officials so that both mistakes made by the experts in the evaluation and faults in the official websites content can be corrected.